This page is to serve as reference for anyone curious of what tools I use, as well to serve as a checklist should I ever need to setup a new machine for myself!
- Alfred (my “I can’t live without app”), app launcher, clipboard history, terminal commands (hyperalfred) custom workflows, bookmark launcher, calculator, conversion, internet search bar, Github repo and gist launcher, house for all code snippets, text expanding ones, The Alfred Emoji Pack. I love this app.
- VS Code w/ Material Palnenight High Contrast theme, Operator Mono font, and with these settings and extensions.
- FireFox Developer Edition
- ZSH in Terminal.app
- Dash for keeping docs in a dedicated App instead of browser tab
- Things for task management and quick notes
- Bear for markdown notes
- SIP App for extracting colours
- iCloud Drive for personal stuff
- Dropbox for projects and app data like
- Slack for work related discussions and assignments
- VVV w/ VirtualBox.app for local development
- Little Snitch for reducing and monitoring network
- Zoom.us for chit chat (and screen recordings)
- Giphy Capture for creating quick gifs
- Retina MacBook Pro 15″ Early 2013 2.7 / 16 / 256
- Apple Magic Keyboard & Magic Trackpad 2 space grey
- Rain Design Laptop Stand space grey
- BenQ Low Blue Light Monitor 27″ – 2560×1440
- Dual 27″ Monitor Mount modified w/ no arms, single monitor
- This adorable small power bar (so easy to access on desktop for quick (un)docking)
- Logitech C920 Webcam HD Pro w/ selfie light
- LED Light Strip at back of desk
- Monster Inspiration over-ear noise cancellation headphones (these things are falling apart, had to replace the headband & earpads, not recommended), w/ 8ft Amazon Basic cord
- Licorne 15,000mAh Solar Charger power bank (awesome while camping!)
- Kindle Paperwhite 3rd generation, Mid 2015 (one of my favorite pieces of hardware)
- iPhone SE space grey
- Desk I custom built the top, and placed on these filing cabinets
- Chair Staples® Hyken™ Technical Mesh Task Chair, Black
- Lamp BAROMETER
- Proudly Powered by WordPress
- Hosted on Pressable, backed up with VaultPress and AWS S3.
- Plugins Akismet Anti-Spam, Broken Link Checker, Debug Bar, Delete Thumbnails & Resized Images, Exploit Scanner, Good Reads Books, Google Analytics for WordPress by MonsterInsights, Gutenberg Tile Block, Imsanity, Jetpack by WordPress.com, Login LockDown, Query Monitor, Redirection, Regenerate Thumbnails, WP Notification Center, WP Pusher, Yoast SEO.
- Theme is a custom theme which I’ve posted the source code here. I’ve done it up a little too custom for release in WordPress.org, but it’s forkable for any developer who wants to use it!