duckduckgo is okay, but twice now a top result ended up taking me a hacked site while searching for some basic stuff (Docker tutorials).. I don’t know if this is something Google used to shield me from, or maybe the recent blow up of hacks are to blame.. but I’m not enjoying this. 🦆
Despite being on xmas vacation now for two days, I haven’t had a moments time to actually work on this site as I intended. Family life is a busy life. 👨👩👧👦
Working on this project I’ll never get around to finishing. 💪
When you sleep for 8 hours but wish you could sleep for 80 more. 🛌
Tony Kirby: It takes courage. You know everybody’s afraid to live.You Can’t Take It With You – 1938
Alice Sycamore: You ought to hear Grandpa on that subject. You know he says most people nowadays are run by fear. Fear of what they eat, fear of what they drink, fear of their jobs, their future, fear of their health. They’re scared to save money, and they’re scared to spend it. You know what his pet aversion is? The people who commercialize on fear, you know they scare you to death so they can sell you something you don’t need.
Reviving my website (again) – but this time it’s different.
- After watching SOTW, I realized how much I miss WordPress (I fix WordPress sites all day for a living, but forgot about using it for myself)
- I need a creative platform (that isn’t closed wall popular social media, that stuffs poison) to document what I create, and to also push me to be more creative
- Blogging is a healthy hobby, healthy hobbies are good hobbies
- I’m doing this for me, posting whatever I currently find interesting or whatevers stuck in my head, no one topic and no genre’s trageting one group/type of audience
- I stumbled on the concept of micro blogging, and think it’s pretty cool direction for this site
Spotifys 2020 recap was kind of cool. I think this means I am, or almost am, their biggest fan?
That’s 229 hours. Harakiri for the Sky.
🍕 My famous pizza dough recipe. Anyone who knows me knows I‘m legend for my home made pizza. If you’re over for dinner you best know you’re getting pizza. This recipe is tweaked from over 6 years of Pizza Friday’s.
Makes a 16″ pie:
- 1 CUP warm water
- 1 TSP yeast
- 1/2 TSP salt
- 1 TSP garlic powder
- 1 TBSP sugar
- 1 TBSP italian seasoning blend
- 1 1/4 TBSP melted butter
- 2 2/3 CUPs white flour
- 2 TBSP cornmeal
- Activate yeast in the warm water for 10min until frothy. Stir/shake occasionally
- In separate bowl mix salt, garlic, sugar, seasoning, butter, and flour
- Mix yeast water into the dry ingredients
- Kneed as needed (about 10min or until your hands start cramping up)
- Add tablespoon of water or flour as needed if too sticky or dry. Should be somewhat sticky but shouldn’t actually stick to your hand.
- Roll into ball, add few drops of oil, roll ball around bowl coating sides with oil.
- leave in bowl, cover bowl with plastic wrap. Let sit for 2 hour in somewhat warm area.
- Roll dough on pizza stone (if you don’t have one, don’t bother, just call Dominos).
- coat bottom in cornmeal
- Cut all favorite ingredients, tiny, dice it all.
- Sauce with Hunts Chunky Original pasta sauce (my personal choice)
- Thin layer of cheddar cheese and parm
- Sprinkle dryer toppings (onion, spinach, garlic)
- Layer of mozzarella cheese
- Add wetter toppings (olives, peppers), add meat
- Italian sausage is a must
- Final layer of mozzarella cheese
- Bacon bits and cherry tomato slices on top
Bake at 400 for 17min. Broil for 2 min until golden bubbly cheese goodness.
This isn’t related to this website, this is just a PSA:
I bought a PC coffee maker, it was more expensive then it should of been, but it looked good in my new kitchen and I knew it would pay for itself eventually.
Worked fine, did the job for months – then about 8 months in, after the brew cycle (4-5minutes) the most annoying, loud beeping would occur. It was as if the danm machine was whining for attention.
Turns out it was, in the manual that I obviously threw out because who keeps stuff like that, it mentions a cleaning reminder setting, that beeps until you hold down the “Auto” button for three seconds to acknowledge “yes I’ve cleaned you”. From the Manual
Your coffee maker is equipped with a cleaning reminder alarm. When your coffee maker has been used 200 times, it will beep to remind you to clean it. To turn off the beeping simply press the AUTO button for 3 seconds. The sound will stop and the coffee makers internal counter will reset to zero,
Kudos to the makers for installing a feature to prevent people from getting sick or keep the coffee at it’s best – but shame on you for not writting it on the machine itself and expecting everyone to keep the box+manual.