// phpcs: ignore
// phpcs: really it's fine man
// phpcs: common, give me a break here
// phpcs: look, we need to talk
🌗 In the spirit of mac OS Movaje on the way, I made a Dark Mode version for this site! Why not!
🤖 Tabify, beautify. Repeat.
🤔 I need to think about something – right now in CAD I pay:
- $14.99/month Apple Music (family)
- $12.99/month Netflix (family – 4x screens)
That’s $335.76/year. Almost a $0.92/day a day for media consumption.
- Prime Music (4x devices)
- Prime Video (2x devices)
- Free shipping (on the hundreds I do spend on Amazon)
is $79.00/year, or $0.22/day.
Why aren’t I an Amazon Prime guy yet?
📐 I fear custom designs that use Gutenberg as a page builder will have blocks riddled with fragile class names for reusable fine tuning. Things like
🗺️ After being a loyal Safari user for the last decade, I’m moving to Chrome for one and only one reason: I can keyboard navigate tabs with
opt + shift + ←→ just like Atom, Hyper, and every other good piece of software.
🏃🏻♂️ Now that all of that is sorted out and setup, and as the summer winds down, I think I’ll be rededicating my side-energy-efforts into Sword Insights. The plugin with so much potential.
⚡ Two days without internet (technician for neighbour messed up our wires), was still able to work (and distraction-free too boot!). Extremely grateful for https://kapeli.com/dash, my local https://brew.sh setup, and having the foresight to prepare for offline situations (even though this was the first time I’ve been internet-less in half a decade).
🕹 I’ve just started developing a site using WPRig.io, it’s pretty neat – and it’s really a terrific starter theme that allows modern tooling. It saves a lot of the time with small annoying tasks that typically come with starter-theme development.
- easy browser sync
- progressive and conditional css loading
- auto compile, auto image compress
- drag-n-drop in template files (ie: site needs comments.php, just include in)
- built in support for cssnext
- There should be a less repetitive way to combine preloading wprig_add_body_style(), registering, and printing stylesheets. Currently you need to add a stylesheet in three different locations to load it properly
- No solution for code repetition (albeit, thats to be expected with WordPress themes)
- Version numbers for register/enqueue are hard coded, and repeated – should be put into a constant so dev’s can hard refresh their visitors resources if needed
- lacks BEM naming
- missing `defined(“ABSPATH”);` security checks
I’ve just started using it, so perhaps I’m being to quick to criticize, so take that with a grain of salt. I will probably submit a pull request for the things I find to help the project grow.
So, if everything continues goes well, I’m considering condensing my starter theme into components for wp-rig’s /dev/pluggable/ folder, and re-creating my personal starter theme with this logic. These will basically serve as helper functions that I expect and need.
⭐ My “Today” list in Things.app always becomes my week list. Really need to build the habit of understanding that yes, I intend to do this today, but I won’t get to it.