Two days without internet (technician for neighbour messed up our wires), was still able to work (and distraction-free too boot!). Extremely grateful for https://kapeli.com/dash, my local https://brew.sh setup, and having the foresight to prepare for offline situations (even though this was the first time I’ve been internet-less in half a decade).
I’ve just started developing a site using WPRig.io, it’s pretty neat – and it’s really a terrific starter theme that allows modern tooling. It saves a lot of the time with small annoying tasks that typically come with starter-theme development.
- easy browser sync
- progressive and conditional css loading
- auto compile, auto image compress
- drag-n-drop in template files (ie: site needs comments.php, just include in)
- built in support for cssnext
- There should be a less repetitive way to combine preloading wprig_add_body_style(), registering, and printing stylesheets. Currently you need to add a stylesheet in three different locations to load it properly
- No solution for code repetition (albeit, thats to be expected with WordPress themes)
- Version numbers for register/enqueue are hard coded, and repeated – should be put into a constant so dev’s can hard refresh their visitors resources if needed
- lacks BEM naming
- missing `defined(“ABSPATH”);` security checks
I’ve just started using it, so perhaps I’m being to quick to criticize, so take that with a grain of salt. I will probably submit a pull request for the things I find to help the project grow.
So, if everything continues goes well, I’m considering condensing my starter theme into components for wp-rig’s /dev/pluggable/ folder, and re-creating my personal starter theme with this logic. These will basically serve as helper functions that I expect and need.
My “⭐ Today” list in Things.app always becomes my week list. Really need to build the habit of understanding that yes, I intend to do this today, but I won’t get to it.
Seriously I think I’m allergic to social media. At very least a sensitivity. Regardless, I can’t play along. Wiped my accounts empty (again).
The future, behold! Variable font’s: https://v-fonts.com/
Always thought of Emmet as just creating tags, really enjoying the dynamic creation features!
Fast key repeat settings, I’ll file this under: things I wish I had done 10 years ago.
🤦🏻♂️ It turns out
tax_query doesn’t work in WordPress’s
switch_to_blog(). I think
kinda_switch_to_blog() would be more appropriate naming.
Incase nothing I say makes sense, here’s the translator: https://make.WordPress.org/marketing/2018/02/28/WordPress-jargon-glossary/
Just incase you need Windows ’98 MS Paint, here you go http://sigilmaster.com/