🍕 My famous pizza dough recipe. Anyone who knows me knows I‘m legend for my home made pizza. If you’re over for dinner you best know you’re getting pizza. This recipe is tweaked from over 6 years of Pizza Friday’s.
Makes a 16″ pie:
- 1 CUP warm water
- 1 TSP yeast
- 1/2 TSP salt
- 1 TSP garlic powder
- 1 TBSP sugar
- 1 TBSP italian seasoning blend
- 1 1/4 TBSP melted butter
- 2 2/3 CUPs white flour
- 2 TBSP cornmeal
- Activate yeast in the warm water for 10min until frothy. Stir/shake occasionally
- In separate bowl mix salt, garlic, sugar, seasoning, butter, and flour
- Mix yeast water into the dry ingredients
- Kneed as needed (about 10min or until your hands start cramping up)
- Add tablespoon of water or flour as needed if too sticky or dry. Should be somewhat sticky but shouldn’t actually stick to your hand.
- Roll into ball, add few drops of oil, roll ball around bowl coating sides with oil.
- leave in bowl, cover bowl with plastic wrap. Let sit for 2 hour in somewhat warm area.
- Roll dough on pizza stone (if you don’t have one, don’t bother, just call Dominos).
- coat bottom in cornmeal
- Cut all favorite ingredients, tiny, dice it all.
- Sauce with Hunts Chunky Original pasta sauce (my personal choice)
- Thin layer of cheddar cheese and parm
- Sprinkle dryer toppings (onion, spinach, garlic)
- Layer of mozzarella cheese
- Add wetter toppings (olives, peppers), add meat
- Italian sausage is a must
- Final layer of mozzarella cheese
- Bacon bits and cherry tomato slices on top
Bake at 400 for 17min. Broil for 2 min until golden bubbly cheese goodness.