Jess found a coffee table online for about $15, took about a week of work but refinished it to our style. Super thrilled with how it turned out. Going to redo our dinning room table the same style next.

^ Before

Knowing will be moving in the future and wanting to leave door-jams as-is, Jess and I built an artsy-fartsy growth chart this year. Turned out great! Quick Google for DIY instructions on how to.


While renovating the basement, there was an old cedar shelf that needed to come down. After carefully taking the boards out and buying some 4×4 for legs and 1×1’s for structure, I built a standing garden for Jess.

It’s 5×3′ and holds >70L of soil.

Building a Standing Garden

Building a Standing Garden

Fixing up a ’92 Ranger, named Pearl »

Fixing up a ’92 Ranger, named Pearl. The truck was perfect for me. I knew I wanted a Ford, I’d never finance, wanted an older boxy’er looking truck, and wasn’t interest in any bells and whistles. I wanted a reliable beater basically: Pearl was perfect – and best of all I got the truck from … continue reading »


Found a few faucets in a antique store & heckled down a deal for them. Installed one into some weathered lumber, and pieced on some shinny knobs I beat the crap out of to look worn. Going for the artsy fartsy look. Jess will be selling it here on Facebook or here on Etsy.


🧩 Problems are fun to solve. I’m a natural problem solver – speaking technically of course, social matters I’m clueless – and the funniest problems are the ones where when you’re troubleshooting, you think you’ve solved it, but after blood, sweat, and endless tears you discover there’s actually more than one issue causing the problem. Solving any of these issues independently doesn’t fix the problem, only solving them together.

This happens far too often while developing – and I had my first mechanical one this week. This is my new truck, Pearl.


Pearl’s 22, and her rear breaks gave out – problem originally diagnosed as a snapped break line.

After jacking her up, and lining the entire front-to-rear with new break line, repairing the rear break drums and secondary cylinders, replacing the seals, and throwing in a new left rear axil for the heck of it – the breaks still didn’t work.

Taking a step back, looking at the variables and researching online, finding the the ABS controller (which the line flows through), clog and basically shit the bed after so many years.

After working another few hours to find, pickup, and install a new ABS controller. The breaks still didn’t work. New break line, new ABS controller – what’s was left.

Turns out the plastic T in the rear was also clogged and complete garbage. Quick trip to local Lordco and a few stubborn bolts –


Victory. Sweet victory.


Had a short entry way wall – with non-symmetrical placement of studs. I had a cheap 12″ hanger it was crappy, and making it worse it couldn’t even reach both the 16 on centre studs. I could use the plastic studs, but that would leave large damage in the rental we are in – so I made my own. Perfectly centre in the wall, with small fasteners for the off-centre studs.

2x 4×1’s, some moulding and hooks from Bella, Salmon Arm.


Task was to create a 1/8 scale “thing” that a 1/8 scale stick figure could use. Many classmates choose to make benches – I got a little more intricate: