Plugin: Find & Delete WordPress Thumbnails
Like rings on the tree, older WordPress website often have a ton of media thumbnails from older themes and older plugins/settings. To delete this bloat, I’ve created a simple plugin to find and delete all thumbnails from your Media Library.
Use this plugin to delete ALL thumbnails from your Media Library. This is useful if your site and plugins have changed many times over the past years and accumulated a vast number of thumbnails that are no longer needed.
- When deleting, thumbnails are deleted at a code level and will be deleted premaritally
- You can use this plugin to regenerate your thumbnails if needed
- All files that will be deleted are marked with
[X]and highlighted in red
- Press the delete all thumbnails button at the bottom of the page to delete thumbnails
- Download the plugin and extract the files
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- View the Delete Thumbnails settings (located under the main Settings menu in the WordPress admin)
Frequently Asked Questions
What is this warning about
> Your WordPress installation has very secure server settings. This basically means that the code cannot change things on the server, so the code of this plugin cannot delete the thumbnails without a minor modification of the server.
What Does “Registered:” Mean
> Sept 29, 2014
> Public Launch
Suggestions / Notes
Please post any comments or questions below.