Home Made Pizza Recipe
🍕 My famous pizza dough recipe. Anyone who knows me knows I‘m legend for my home made pizza. If you’re over for dinner you best know you’re getting pizza. This recipe originally comes from my brother, but includes my tweaks from over 4 years of Pizza Friday’s.
Makes a 16″ pie:
- 1 CUP warm water
- 1 TSP yeast
- 1/2 TSP salt
- 1 TSP garlic powder
- 1 TBSP dehydrated onion
- 1 TBSP sugar
- 1 TBSP italian seasoning blend
- 1 1/4 TBSP melted butter
- 2 2/3 CUPs white flour
- Activate yeast in the warm water for 10min until frothy. Stir/shake occasionally
- In separate bowl mix remaining ingredients
- Mix yeast water into the dry ingredients
- Kneed as needed (about 10min or until your hands start cramping up)
- Add tablespoon of water or flour as needed if too sticky or dry. Should be somewhat sticky but shouldn’t actually stick to your hand.
- Roll into ball, leave in bowl, cover bowl with damp cloth. Let sit for 2 hour.
- Roll dough on pizza stone (if you don’t have one, don’t bother, just call Dominos).
- Cut all favorite ingredients, tiny, dice it all.
- Sauce with Hunts Chunky Original pasta sauce (my personal choice)
- Thin layer of cheddar cheese and parm
- Sprinkle dryer toppings (onion, spinach, garlic)
- Layer of mozzarella cheese
- Add wetter toppings (olives, peppers), add meat
- Italian sausage is a must
- Final layer of mozzarella cheese
- Bacon bits and cherry tomato slices on top
Bake at 400 for 18min. Broil for 2 min until golden bubbly cheese goodness.